I Currently Design For:

I Currently Design For: * ReadySetCreate * Lindsay's Stamp Stuff * MyGrafico * ChalkNStock *

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Green Crafts DT - Hand-Made Flowers by reusing paper - Tutorial

Last night I started making Hand-Made Flowers...Carnations or Roses...depending on the way you look at it I suppose.

This is my first attempt so I will only get better, right? What I did is take my Scalped Punch from Martha Stewart and and punched out 8 from regular old copy paper! You can use any paper tho! I then went around the edges with with an ink pad. After that I sprayed with a little water...then scrunched or waded them up like a spit ball. After that - I carefully - loosened and flattened them out. I stacked one on the others until all 8 were in a stack. I then used my Crop-a-dile to punch a whole in the center of all 8. I put a brad in the hole. I then folded and pinched each corner and each layer towards the center where the brad was...I did that to all 8 layers. By this time - it looks like a rose bud with near everything in the center of it. I then took some Stickles and smeared it over top of the edges of the paper over the "inked" parts while still grouped in the center. After a few minutes of drying under a dryer or heat gun - altho still slightly wet - I carefully started separating and repositioning each layer...molding it like a flower, I guess you could say.

And there you have it! Again, this is only my first attempt. I think I will be addicted to making these so I will be posting more on my blog as that happens...HERE. Come and visit me!

3 comments:

Monica said...

JUST BRILLIANT! Love what you did... thanks for sharing... your flower is AWeSOme to say the least. I love making paper flowers as well but yours is so very real looking.

xxx Monica

Tammylee said...

These are amazing! Love the tutorial.

Tammylee said...

These are amazing. Love the Tutorial too!